You can help us create a ‘modern’ South Pole, representing the ability we each hold to change ourselves and our world for the better. Join the POP Challenge!!
POWER US TO THE POLE
We will plant a FLAG at the POLE OF POSSIBILITY and we are looking for 79 people, families, groups, schools or businesses to raise or donate a minimum of £2,000 per group in return for a place on the flag. All money raised will go directly to SIA (The SPINAL INJURIES ASSOCIATION) for who we are raising a minimum of £79,000.
BE A FLAG OF INSPIRATION
Creating a place on the POLE OF POSSIBILITY flag will be a fantastic way to inspire yourself and those around you. Set a challenge, stretch your comfort zone, get your friends, family or work team involved in raising a minimum of £2,000 for the project and secure your team, business or personal name on the flag!
HOW TO START?
A FUNDRAISING PACK can be downloaded from the website to help you organise an event or challenge. You can either set up your own Just Giving page for the Spinal Injuries Association (but it is important you send us the link so we can track the total raised so we can add it to our central amount!), or collect monies and send us a cheque or bank transfer to the Quest 79 project and we can send on to SIA for you. Contact Us with your Just Giving links and to confirm the total raised and we can advise you of a postal address or bank details.
If you raise more than the £2,000 then we invite you to either send it all in for SIA (the highest fundraisers will be eligible for the prizes!) or to use the opportunity to raise funds for your own charity or cause.
The highest fundraisers will be rewarded with corporate donated prizes and there will also be a prize draw for all teams taking part.
Prizes include: a unique place in a cycling team car following the last stage of the Tour of Britain (thanks to Sweetspot Events); a team visit to Williams Formula 1; and other great prizes are being organised now!
Here are some stories & ideas to inspire you…these are all ideas created and accomplished by real people like you, who conquered their own Quest 79 challenge!
1. Cycle 79 miles or join a local cycle Sportive!
Read here about Mike Darke cycling 79 miles for 79 years
Christine Graham doing her first Sportive event
2. Kids Cycle Event: 7.9km or a team event with 79 laps of a local circuit
See what the Reddiford Schoolchildren did
3. Run your first marathon or half-marathon
Watch this video about Mark Pitcher running his first marathon inspired by 79 people donating blood
4. Team event: Team up to run 79 laps of your local running track or any circuit you like! Or a team triathlon?!
Thirteen year old Will Hall and his school-mates 79 laps of their school running track, and mixed ability kids and adults did individually or collectively 79 laps of their local cycle track.
5. Lose weight!
Get yourself down to a total weight of 79kg, or lose 7.9kg, or 79lbs… whatever fits your target best.
6. Adventure across Scotland on The Great Glen Way… from Fort William to Inverness is 79 miles by foot, bike or water…or a mix! Watch here to be inspired by young Scottish scouts.
7. Climb 79 peaks in 79 weeks?! Big or small, near or far, all at once?!!
Be inspired by 10 year old Rowan who did just this.
If you prefer something a little more sedate…here are some of the projects from the children of Broadford Primary School on the Isle of Skye
8. Read 79 books
9. Take 79 minutes of fresh air a day
10. Walk to school / work for 79 days
11. Make an effort to be nicer to somebody you love at least 79 times
12. Give up something that probably isn’t good for you for 79 days (fizzy drinks, sweets, chocolate, white bread…)
Or perhaps you could use this as an opportunity to test out or launch a social enterprise idea…?!
13. A bake sale…79 cakes or 79 flavours?!
14. An- e-book…79 poems or short stories?
15. Make 79 things that you like to make and sell them?
16. Organise a fun event…a dinner, a coffee morning, a quiz…